Why I am not buying the Galaxy Nexus (even though I want to)

No, it is not because I "saw the light", and converted my religion to Apple Fanaticism. No, it is not because of what it can or can't do as a device. And no, I have not sold my soul to the devil and bought a Windows Phone.

It is because Google, whether it likes to admit this or not, has released a phone with dated hardware. I promised to myself 3 months ago that the next phone that I bought would be both quad core and LTE. But then, Google unveiled the Galaxy Nexus in Hong Kong. I told myself to look past the gleam and glitz of Ice Cream Sandwich and see the hardware on the newest Nexus for what it is: dated. I wasn't able to do so, and for the last few months have been pooling together enough resources to buy it. I even found a really good deal on it. Exemplary, in fact: $400.


Today, just as I was about to order my new Nexus, I looked at Engadget, to see what was going on in the industry. Well, what is about to happen. See, a week from now, the Consumer Electronics Show will bring together all sorts electronics manufacturers. And lo and behold, to be announced at CES: quad core Ice Cream Sandwich phones.

So, I unbookmarked my link to the Galaxy Nexus, and started prepping myself for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment